Monday, May 19, 2008

Claire is Six!

Isn't she lovely?

Isn't she wonderful?

And no I'm not biased.


Today is Claire's birthday and I cannot believe she is six years old! I feel like we're leaving the little kid stage and venturing into the pre-tween era. Somehow it seems like five year olds get lumped together with the toddlers still but when you're six, you're in a different group of age clusters. So admittedly, it is hard to say good bye to 5 and welcome in 6. It sort of feels like one stage of childhood is over and my baby girl is really no longer a baby girl. Has anyone else felt like this as their child has crossed over from 5 to 6?


As I dropped Claire off at school today she bounced out of the car and said to one of the ladies who works there, "It's my birthday!" The lady clapped her hands and was excited for Claire, who then darted to catch up with her friend, Taylor, who I'm sure got to hear it was Claire's birthday as well. I watched her run in, pig tails bobbing, soaking in her joy, when the lady came to the car and said, "Your daughter is such a cupcake. I mean she really is such a cupcake." I thanked her, agreed with her, then smiled to myself as I thought about the cupcakes that awaited their pink frosting at home, "Cupcake. How fitting for today. Yes, she really is my little cupcake."

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Yes, Claire IS a beautiful little girl. She's grown and changed a little since we last saw her!!! Wowsers. Although Allison isn't 6 yet, I feel the same -- sometimes when I look at Allison, she suddenly looks more grown up -- like it just hits me suddenly. It's weird.

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

Ahhh how fun!! Happy Birthday Claire!! She is so cute!! Did she do anything special for her birthday? We love the Faust park too! patience loves just walking around there. It's such a fun park! I don't know if I can give any advice about the gymnastics. I just think it's a wonderful opportunity and it will be a great experience for her especially if she loves it. I always wanted to go farther in gymnastics but my mom never let me and it still makes me sad to this day. That reason was mostly because of money though.
But I'm sure you'll know what to do. I hope all is well. Take care!