Yesterday was the start of first grade for Claire. I was a bit emotional as it is Claire's first year of all day school but Claire was so excited that it helped me missing her. I am so used to having her around that it felt weird, even lonely without her. I am grateful Jeremiah is still at home. While Claire doesn't have any of her favorite girl friends from last year in her class she seems to be happy with the new friends she is making. She loves the fact that she gets to eat in the cafeteria and looks forward to buying her lunch some day when it's pizza day at school. Right now, however, she loves packing her own lunch and picking out her outfits for school. I wish my pictures didn't have the shadows in them but she's still cute. My favorite quote from her was in regard to the bus. She commented about how the fifth graders were hitting each other and she said, "I am never going to be a fifth grader because I don't want to be like that!" Too funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so excited that she loves school so much. You have been so good at teaching her starting at an early age, that I am sure her school work comes very easy to her!
so cute. Allison says "good luck with school." (She starts on the 25th)
She looks too cute! I love it. I'm glad she finally gets to go full day. I think she was ready like 3 years ago?
Post a Comment