
However, getting the plates on was a much larger challenge than anticipated. The bolts were affixed in such a way that it seemed as if the license plate holder was never intended to be removed by any other person. Because it was taking such a long time, Jeremiah got a little bored and decided to "fix" his shoe. (Notice one strap is not velcroed down.) So he took his hammer to his shoe to solve the problem.

Nothing like a good banging of a hammer to get that strap stuck back down. It cracked me up. I don't think I ever thought of hammering my velcro shoes back into place. Maybe I just needed a toy hammer. Anyway, after an hour of working, our new plates got on the car. They were on perhaps crooked but at least they were on. And Stuart so nicely summed it up, "Just because you have tools, doesn't make you a mechanic." Very true in our cases.
1 comment:
That's funny. I hate it when things don't work like they're supposed to. I leave MOST of the tool time work for Matt. He's so good at it, for which I am truly grateful. He's saved us a TON of money in car repairs.
Post a Comment