Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bacon is Always the Answer

There's a game show on TV called "Cash Cab" that we recently started watching on occasion. If you haven't seen it, it takes place in a Taxi Cab in New York. The people riding in the cab answer trivia questions from the driver until they reach their destination. If they get 3 strikes they get booted out of the cab.

My children, especially Jeremiah, have fallen in love with playing Cash Cab in our car whenever we go somewhere. In the beginning, Stuart was always the driver, I tended to be the mobile and street shout outs, and the kids answered the questions. Jeremiah was so into it we even rolled down the window so he could 'shout out' his question if he didn't know the answer. We all enjoyed playing together and had several laughs from it.

Recently, Jeremiah has insisted on being the driver and wants to ask all the questions. Let's just say his questions are very creative and almost always make us laugh. One night, on our way to a friend's house, he asked to play Cash Cab. We agreed to let him be the driver. (And no, he doesn't drive the car, it just means he asks the questions.) Jeremiah mimicked the game show host almost perfectly and then said, "Are you ready?" Stuart answered, "Yes." "Ok," said Jeremiah, "here is your first $25 question. Why are there trees outside in the morning?" Stuart glanced over at me and I gave him that shrug that says, "Don't look at me, I have no idea."

So Stuart answered, "Because I like to eat bacon in the morning." To which came Jeremiah's gleefull reply, "THAT'S CORRECT!"

Stuart and I started laughing until I wanted to cry. Claire of course immediately said it didn't make any sense and that it wasn't a viable question or answer. Of course, that's exactly why we were laughing to hard. Now take a mental note: if you ever play Cash Cab with Jeremiah and are stumped, just remember that bacon is almost always an acceptable answer.

4 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

Sounds like a yummy answer to me!! I love bacon!!

Colton Anne said...

That is so funny! Kids say the darndest things don't they?!!

Daniel said...

Hallå Rebecca!

Jag håller på att skicka ut årets julkort men har inte din adress. Kan du inte maila den till mig? Hoppas att ni har en härlig julmånad och får se lite Luciatåg! Idag skall vi ut och hugga vår julgran (får se hur det går..) precis familjen Griswald... :) Ha det så bra./karolina

Catherine said...

your little guy already has a sense of humor! HOw fun.