Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Too Tired to Think

After gymnastics last night Claire's beam coach started talking to me. Claire was a ways down the aisle getting her clothes on over her leo so she couldn't hear our conversation. Monica, Claire's beam coach, said, "Claire is doing o.k. She is really thinking. In fact, she's really thinking a lot when she's up there."

Now, understand that while we are talking, we are both facing Claire watching her get dressed. And at the exact moment that Monica is talking about how well Claire is thinking, my daughter, who already has her jacket on, pulls out her fuzzy green pants and pulls them on over her head.

Monica and I turn to each other and bust out laughing. I said, "Well obviously she used up all of her thinking skills while on the beam. She gave you everything she had. She's too tired to think anymore."

We laughed again and watched Claire's befuddled yet amused face as she pulled the pants off her head and put them on right. Monica said, "I think she just made my night." She made my night too.

4 comments:

Robert, Melanie and fam said...

That is funny!!! Claire is so cute and has such a funny personality!!

Sam Ransom said...

Funny! Thanks for a good laugh. She was thinking hard that night!

Haily Brian said...

She is so cute. I went up to her at church and just started talking to her by name and she talked with me like she knew who I was. I thought it was cute that she didn't just look at me weird thinking who is this crazy lady talking to me. Oh, I think you know exactly what Kennedy got into!

The Hyde's said...

What a funny girl. She must be so cute when she is up on the beam. I guess she was thinking really hard that night. It would be so fun to get all the sister missionaries together for a reunion.