Recently Claire's first grade teacher started doing birthday lunches. This is when the birthday boy/girl gets to eat lunch in the classroom with the teacher and 2 of his/her friends. Claire came home very excited about this and said, "I have 2 friends who are going to invite me when it's their birthday." Claire was pleased as punch to already have people who were going to invite her.
I asked, "So who are you going to invite?" She replied, "Emily and Daniel (names changed)." I thought those two children were interesting choices for Claire so I asked, "What made you decide to choose those two?" Claire replied, "Well Emily and Daniel almost never get picked by anyone to do anything so I think they'd like to be picked. And Daniel is the nicest boyfriend to me. Well not boyfriend you know, but a friend that's a boy. So that's why."
I told her I thought that was great. We'll see if that really happens when her birthday rolls around, but I thought it was a really nice plan. She has a big heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a big heart for a little girl!
Post a Comment